"" Copy Corp Club: Lunette Kovatch

Lunette Kovatch

Lunette Kovatch
Navarre, Florida
I was employed as Secretary/Dispatcher with CopyCorp in 1987, after interviewing  with Susan Rixman, Norma Niev and Vice President Bruce Jennings.  Norma was leaving Dispatch to be his Admin. Asst and I was her replacement. 

Gene, Lunette, Ken, Steve, Sid @ Christmas 1989
It worked out well for me and I was hired to work for Ken Brown, Service Manage and after a while became ” Lead Dispatcher” until I was assigned my most favorite position, “Company Receptionist” where I greeted visitors and answered the phone.  I worked in that position until I retired in April of 2005. 

Gene and I had the pleasure of going on a couple of Presidents Club trips that I won.  We also won trips to Nashville, Gatlinburg, and a very exciting trip to Kentucky Speedway where we rode in NASCAR Vehicles around the track (that was pure fun)! 

Gene and I moved from Maryland in 1966 with our 2 children David and Melody, they went to school in Jefferson County and after graduation, they were married and movedMelody, married and 2 children live in New Orleans. And David moved to Dallas and he has 3 children.

Renewing Vows on Navarre Beach 2010
Gene retired from Jefferson County Schools in the fall of 2005 and we prepared to move permanently to our home in Navarre, Florida. We had purchased the home in 2003 as our retirement home. Finally, in the spring of 2006 we finished moving and put our Louisville home of 40 years up for sale, we were lucky and it sold that summer.

We Love it here in Navarre, Gene has become involved with the Fire Department and works as a Volunteer in a Primary School Library (this year he was named Volunteer of the year for Santa Rosa County).  I am on the Board for the Friends of the Navarre Library and help them run the bookstore in our Navarre Public Library, I am also a Docent in the Panhandle Butterly House.

In June of 2010 Gene and I Celebrated our 50th Wedding Anniversary and renewed our vows on the Beach with family and Friends.  

*9/12/18 - Mickey and Billie Higdon took a short vacation to the Panhandle of Florida this week and while there made contact with Lunette and Gene, they are doing good but Lunette had a medical issue in her legs over the past couple of years but after an intense rehab schedule she is doing good, happy to be driving again! Both Gene and Lunette were happy to hear from Mickey!  

No comments: