"" Copy Corp Club: Norma Niev

Norma Niev

Norma Niev 
Norma Beumer Kyriss 
(CopyCorp dispatcher)  
Louisville, KY 

Norma worked at Copy Corp from 1983 – 1991 and then off and on for people on vacation for several years.

(The following is an email from Norma on June 1, 2018): 
I am so excited to learn about this CopyCorp blog. Brent Bosler introduced me to the site. 

OMG, those were great times working for CopyCorp. Being a dispatcher starting out at Copysonic with David Payne and then moving over to Copy Corp when Beth left. 

I definitely can’t say it was the easiest job, but it was the best next to the one I have now.  I think I worked at CC for 7 years and then subbed for people when they went on vacation or needed extra help.  I was actually Jim Kincer's secretary for a short period after Susan left. 

I felt like it was one big family and I knew my guys (tec's) were always there for me and loved them all. I miss everyone so much. 

When Susan Rixman was alive some of us used to get together occasionally, but that has been years ago. I loved Susan, Joyce and (OMG. . . I forgot the little short dark haired lady that was so wiry and funny)!  We had some great times. 

I would be remiss if I didn’t mention Bruce, Kenny, Donny, Jim and so many more. Wow! What memories. I remember when Bruce told me that there was going to be two dispatchers. I  wanted to strangle him. I was very territorial.  

Wow. I loved working for CopyCorp with everyone. I miss everyone. I told Brent we should have a big get together. It was so funny. I mentioned CopyCorp to him and he asked me my name and I told him back then it was Norma Niev. The expression on his face was precious. He said, “Wow! Back then you had black hair!”  Well, my hair is snow white now. I quit coloring it years ago. 

Today, Norma has been married to Bill Kyriss for 8 years and has been working at UL at the Kent School of Social Work for the past 21 years.  I love what I do and the students are so great. I get to meet people from all over the world and have learned so much. Now my problem is when to retire. I kind of want to retire, but can’t imagine what I will do every day. Scares the dickens out of me.


Norma and husband Bill Kyriss
From left to right: Chris, Derrick, David, me, Vincent, Kelly.   

I used to have black hair!  We really should try to have a big get together. We would have a blast! 
I would love to hear from them and give them my email.  

(Click Here for Norma's Email address)  

Norma and son Derrick  1991 'ish
Norma, Je Dee Messina, and son David Luckett 1991'ish
Norma and Uncle 1991'ish



No comments: