"" Copy Corp Club: Kevin Dowdy

Kevin Dowdy

Kevin A. Dowdy
Vice President and General Manager
1961 Bishop Lane

I am still into motorcycles and racing just getting older and its hard to recover, but been doing some local Hare Scrambles and the AMA National Dual Sport Series. My Kids Jordan and Taylor,  have a UTV side by side (look at Polaris RZR 900 XT), they both love it and we get to spend much quality time together doing something we all really enjoy.

I have been associated with an IT company "Beacon" for a while now.  We are a Global IT and Low Voltage Company, with competency in video presentation, voice, data, physical security and infrastructure. We are growing very rapidly, we have worked through the challenges and difficulties of bringing 5 companies together, and are making much forward progress.  

My days at Copy Corp were a life lesson and I refer to them every day, especially in one on one conversations with employees and associates.

One of my strongest memories I have was asking Steve Young what I needed to do to be successful, he said “spend 8-5 in front of people that can write you a check and give out 100 business cards a day.” Still trying to hit 100 in one day...…Sales always has and will be a numbers game…some many folks don’t get it.

I think back to my first Copy Corp "Presidents Club Trip" with you and Joyce, What great fun and memories. Thank you for reaching out with this Copy Corp Blog!
Kevin at Copy Corp in the 1980's


No comments: