"" Copy Corp Club: Michael Adamczyk

Michael Adamczyk

Michael Adamczyk
Louisville, KY
CopyCorp Administrative & Bookkeeping

 
Michael and Gretchen Adamczyk 1986
Michael became a member of the CopyCorp Team in March of 1984 and continued for 33 years (Retired 2/2017).  I will never forget the first day I met Michael, the day I interviewed and hired him.  It was a Saturday Morning, (a beautiful sunshine day), we were located in the old office on Bluegrass Parkway, my office looked out over the parking lot!  Michael pulled up in a new car and parked within view of my office.  We had a very nice conversation and a lengthy interview, he was well prepared with references and dates and times of his experience.  Michael ha a very impressive interview and application.  He had just gotten out of the military and I thought it was very interesting that he was driving a new car, so I ask:  How did you buy a new car on military pay?  His answer cinched the job for him (even though I was very impressed anyway).  His answer was quick and affirmative.  He said, "I saved most-all of my military pay and made some good investments!  I didn't go off base very much and had no temptation to spend my money"!

Michael Adamczyk was an excellent partner and asset to our staff!  he worked in several job functions in the administrative and bookkeeping department. He was offered promotions several times and choose not to accept, he was happy doing the assignments he was given.  Michael was without doubt, one of the nicest, most humble person to ever work for CopyCorp!

Michael   9/2019
** I spoke with Michael on the phone today (9/3/19) and he advised me that his wife Gretchen, age 65, passed away on August 15, 2018, after a long illness!

No comments: