"" Copy Corp Club: Matt Coomes

Matt Coomes

Matt Coomes 2012
Matt Coomes
Louisville, KY
Email (Click Here)
I became associated with Copy Corp fresh out of the Navy where I learned to fix among other things IBM Selectric Typewriters as well as Savin Copiers.  Bruce Jennings hired  me in  December 1984, which was the beginning my long career in this sometimes crazy business (after turning down a typewriter repair job in Atlanta...good move)!
My first assignment at Copy Corp as Service Tech and after a short time became a Field Supervisor with all the old timers, until 1989 at which time I was transferred to Bowling Green and then to Nashville with EBM (also an Alco Standard Company), then we "Knew One Name"  IKON.  I continued as a "Field Service Supervisor" until I  was promoted to "Service Manager" and later "Operations Manager".  After a while I had the opportunity to move into the sales department as a "Major Accounts Sales Rep and Professional Services Technician (not all at the same time) from 1989 until 2007.
I returned to Louisville in April 2007 as the Vice President of Service for Toshiba (KY , IL ,IN ) where I have had a great time and actually work with many former Copy Corp employees (Tom Ramsey, Tom Gilman, Thomas Robinson, Darrell Shaw and Jim Francis)

Matt and Tina 2011

Matt @ Ohio Valley Dragway
My hobbies are Drag Racing a 2005 Hayabusa Motorcycle and playing bass guitar and I am on the Board of Directors of a local charity  "KIDS CENTER "  that does wonderful work with kids who struggle with Autism, Down Syndrome, Spina Bifida, Cerebral Palsy, ADD, ADHD and more.  Married to the same beautiful  lady I married in 1985 when I was a tech at Copy Corp  Tina "Jackson" Coomes  and we have 2 wonderful sons!                    
Jimmy, Mark, Tina, Matt 2012

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And I am married to the most handsome former Copy Corp employee!!
Tina Coomes