"" Copy Corp Club: Ken Brown

Ken Brown

Ken 1983
Ken Brown
Louisville, KY
Email: (Click Here)
I retired from CopyCorp>Alco>IKON in 2013 after 27 years with the last 12 years in the Supply Sales, locally, having region and National positions at various times.  I am fortunate to have work with the outstanding Louisville Supply Team plus a great group from the Chicago area. Looking back from the first day, March 23, 1983, walking into the first office on Bluegrass Parkway, having a welcoming conversation with Jim.   Then starting what has been an crazy, amazing experience.  
Just the characters and personalities of the many people throughout the years, weren't appreciated enough, but when I sat down to think about those years, writing my profile, for the Copy Corp Blog – "it made me smile", remembering Christmas Parties, Golf Scrambles, very late night "month end closes", company picnics, Steve Young as Santa Claus, Mickey Higdon as Santa Claus , company trips, an old Fart from Canon Corporate named Paul Fox – who could never remember who I was even with a name tag, Company trips to Mexico and Dominican Republic among other wonderful places!  Service team camping trips to Barren River.  So many good times with so many great people!! 
Today, I own and operate "Creative Engraving" and Jenny and I have been married for 19 years. She is doing very well and still with that bubbly personality that keeps everyone around her positive and active. We live in Douglas Hills and all of our kids are pretty much grown, as much as anyone ever lets them completely grow up.  
Ryan is 25, married to Beth,  Brittney is 23, Eric is 23, (in the Air Force National Guard, currently deployed in Afghanistan) and Leslie, our youngest, is finishing up her bachelor’s degree as she works full time.  
I now have 3 Grandchildren!  
3/13 Picture of AVERY 
I appreciate Jim starting the Copy Corp Blog to catch up with each other and see what is going on in our lives, hopefully, everyone will participate, it will be so nice to hear from and about everyone. It’s been a great ride since starting my association with Copy Corp on that March day in 1983. As I think about all the good times we forget or overlook because of our busy lives,  I read a quote recently about getting some “life perspective”!  It is great and very appropriate.

“Climb up on some hill at sunrise. Everybody needs perspective once in a while, and you'll find it there.”
Recalling all the great places and people I have had the opportunity to get to know because of my time with 
Copy Corp has been a tremendous blessing!  
Ken

No comments: