"" Copy Corp Club: Elane Shunk (deceased)

Elane Shunk (deceased)

Elaine Shunk
Deceased 


    Elaine Shunk


    Elaine was with Copy Corp for many years.  She held many positions overthe years, including payroll, accounts receivable and accounts
    payable.  As most of you know, Elaine was very direct, she missed no words!  Elaine always did the complete job, she left no stone unturned.

   Elaine was very loyal and very dedicated to Copy Corp and if there was
   a project that had to be done, I always knew that if Elaine was involved
   it would get done and get done correctly!

 I could always be sure if something went wrong at the company, she would let me know about it and also I could depend on knowing exactly what she thought about it to!!!!

Some of you know,  Elaine worked with Joyce and me in the rental property business during and after her employment with Copy Corporation.  She took care of collecting rents and paying the bills for our property management company.  She did a wonderful job for Copy Corp and for me personally.

Elaine loved cats and I remember when one of her cats passed away, she was so saddened by the loss that it affected everything she did for weeks.  To my knowledge, she never got another cat after the loss.

She was a "loner" she seldom  attended Copy Corporation functions, I could never figure out why she didn't join us or what we needed to do to get her to attend, but when she did attend an event, she had a great time and we have many pictures (which will be posted throughout this blog).  She enjoyed the Red Lobster restaurant, we saw her there many times, usually with girlfriends and enjoying her friends.  Joyce and I ask her to go to dinner with us many times, but she just never did, and I consider that a big loss for us!


Many of us can tell stories about Elaine and I hope you share those stories on this Blog.  I remember one funny story that all of us experienced, she was the "keeper of the office supplies" and I remember it was a big deal to get a writing pad or legal pad from her, she insisted on having the cardboard back to the one that you had just used up! It got to the point that when I was at Sam's or Walmart, I would buy a package of writing pads just so I didn't have to ask her for one!  Everyone must be aware that it was all in fun, she enjoyed having that kind of reputation.  In reality, Elaine was a very warm hearted person and would do anything in the world for you, if she liked you!

Joyce and I loved her and still, today miss her very much!

No comments: